Sunday, October 23, 2011

Always Looking Ahead

So over the weekend I visited Boston to watch the Head of the Charles Regatta. However, while I was staying in Boston I visited Boston College. Naturally, much of the weekend turned into a chronic conversation about what I'm looking for in college. I was starting to feel really stressed. All I really wanted to do was to relax and watch some excellent rowing.

But, when I thought about it, it seemed every moment of my life was preparing myself for the next. In middle school my teachers all ways told us that they gave us so much homework because they were preparing us for high school. Then last year my history teacher always talked about how we had to prepare ourselves AP courses Junior year. Now I'm constantly on the look out for the perfect college for me and making sure that I give myself the best chance I have to be accepted into that college. When will it be that I'm done preparing and looking for the next move?

I honestly believe that day will never come. Each moment of our lives is devoted to creating our best selves. But, for what? In this day and age it is all about being innovative and creating the next great commodity. Steve Jobs is an incredible example of this. He was beloved for his ingenuity. Apple is always making the newest phone, music device, and the next must have technologic device. It's the American way to get bigger and better each and every day. So it seems that I may never reach my dream of simply relaxing. Well, I am currently in a rocking chair watching the planes take off in the Boston airport so I'm fairly content.

No comments:

Post a Comment